Friday, January 1, 2010

Top 10 Genealogy Moments of 2009

Hats off to Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist and Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings for the idea for this one:

10. Attending and participating in the genealogy brick wall workshop with my Lizzie Smith material.

9. Ordering more and more Moore family obituaries as I kept finding more people in this family.

8. Attending the genealogy conference hosted by the Fairfax Genealogical Society.

7. Finally writing up articles about my great-great uncles William Henry Lewis and Preston E. Moore.

6. Learning that Vickie Everhart of BeNotForgot and Ethelene Dyer Jones are my cousins!

5. Just being part of the Genea-Blogging community.

4. Getting in touch with lots of Norman cousins, many of whom have generously provided Norman family pictures and genealogy information.

3. Hosting the 85th Carnival of Genealogy.

2. Receiving a picture of my grandfather (plus his mother and two brothers) from my cousin George.

1. Hearing from my younger brother.

I cannot call all of these things “accomplishments,” but they were pretty exciting….

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great year! Here is to the best in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had an exciting year, Greta. I am sorry to have missed your COG event. I just got too caught up in work. I know 2010 will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat list, Greta!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy - It was pretty good, but I just wish I had done more work.

    Linda - That's OK. I missed several COGs for various reasons. Sometimes it's just hard to put everything together by the deadline - especially when life and work get in the way!

    Dr. Bill - Thanks, and thank for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete