Friday, January 8, 2010

Follow Friday: Two New Texas-Linked Connections

Two blogs have been added to the list of Texas-linked blogs:

ABT UNK by Amanda. Love the name, which comes from abbreviations commonly seen in family trees. Though only a couple of months old, the blog has a strong start with a roster full of Advent Calendar posts.

Moore History – Deep in the Heart of Texas – by Laura Leigh. How could I not be irresistibly drawn in? It’s about Texas, it’s about Moores. OK, they’re not my Moores, but still…. A recent post deals with library resources in Williamson County, Texas. (I’m hoping someone will do the same for Baylor, Dallas, Collin, Hunt, Grayson, and Fannon.)

Looking forward to reading more from these bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Greta! Isn't it interesting that so many of us are researching Moores in Texas! I am too, but I don't think Laura Leigh's - or yours - are mine either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, that is odd! My Moores came to Texas from SC. At least we can all sympathize with one another on doing research on families with such a common name. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine (or more accurately, my husband's) are out of Alabama<-Georgia<-Delaware<-Maryland, so probably not the same. Someone has already traced that family back 10 generations.

    ReplyDelete