Friday, August 28, 2009

Family Newsletter Friday: 28 August 2009

Norman

More wonderful pictures and information has come in from Norman cousins. I am still working on the Leatha Norman and Thomas Wiley Huff family, whom I now know to be connected to our Normans. I also compiled a list of Normans buried in Peak Cemetery, Garland County, Arkansas using Findagrave. Also, for Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun I “rediscovered” Sarah Sisson Norman on the 1920 census (will post on that tomorrow), but where was Jack Norman for that census?

Moore

The final (?) set of obituaries on Moore family descendants and relatives came in. Hooray!

Brinlee

For the above-mentioned Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, I found Hiram Brinlee Sr. and Elizabeth Ann McKinney Brinlee on the 1850 through 1880 censuses, transcribed the information, and provided citations.

Smith

Well, this is the line that may pre-empt research on all of the above for a while. But, isn’t this my brick wall? Yes, it is: Sarah Elizabeth Smith (Bonner Brinlee). Sort of inspired by the same above-mentioned Saturday Night Genealogy Fun (Randy, are you a Svengali or Pied Piper?), I just sort of not-very-seriously did a little looking around for Lizzie Smith on Ancestry. And found a family on the 1880 census (and then on previous censuses) for Tennessee that I think is really, really interesting. I will also be writing about this later. However, since my genealogy society’s brick wall workshop is coming up in September, I need to be preparing all my material on Lizzie Smith Brinlee, so it is time to start putting together information on all my Tennessee Smith “candidate families.”

Blogs

Favorite photo found on a blog this week: an unusual visitor to a bird feeder at Karen’s Genealogy Frame of Mind.

Favorite idea found on a blog this week: Keeping a hair book at Patti Browning’s Consanguinity. I even have cuttings of my own hair and my two daughters' hair to start it with. One of the cuttings from my older daughter consists of a plastic baggie with hair she hacked off into the kitchen trash can when she was four years old. Dad was not far away at the time, but was oblivious to what was going on. Mom walked in and was furious - at Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment