Sunday, February 8, 2009

High School Years (courtesy of Genea-Musings)

Thanks to Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings for this one.

1. What was your school's full name, where was it, and what year did you graduate? Seymour High School, Seymour, Texas, 1972.

2. What was the school team nickname, and what are/were your school's colors? Panthers, maroon and white.

3. What was the name of your school song, and can you still sing it? Don’t remember the name (perhaps “Panthers’ fame shall ne’er be broken”?), but I can still sing it, and if you want to hear it, watch The Last Picture Show (1971). They needed a school song that sounded really corny (this tune was a common one), so we copied the music for them and sent it over.

4. Did you have a car? How did you get to and from school? No car. Sometimes I walked, sometimes my mother drove me.

5. Did you date someone from your high school? Or marry someone from your high school? Were you considered a flirt? Not really. No. No.

6. What social group were you in? Nerds and geeks, especially band nerds.

7. Who was/were your favorite teachers? Ms. Gilbert and Ms. Greeley in English, Mr. Eakins for math, Miss Sperberg for band, and Miss Brown for history and government. I liked a lot of my teachers there.

8. What did you do on Friday nights? Mostly hang out, except in the fall , when the band played at the football games.

9. Did you go to and have fun at the Senior Prom? I think so (can’t remember very well).

10. Have you been to reunions, and are you planning on going to the next reunion? No, I live too far away (but I like to hear about them).

No comments:

Post a Comment