Saturday, July 30, 2011

Surname Saturday: Family of Herman Binninger and Lillian Koehl

Herman Binninger
b. Sep 1869, Germany
d. 13 Nov 1916, Kings County, New York
& Lillian “Lillie” Koehl
b. Apr 1872, New York
|--Lillian Binninger
|----b. Feb 1894, New York
|--Andrew Binninger
|----b. 4 Nov 1896, Brooklyn, Kings County, New York
|--& Carrie
|----b. 1895, Germany

This is the family of Herman Binninger and Lillian “Lillie” Koehl, the sister of my husband’s great-grandfather Henry “Harry” Koehl and the daughter of Julius Koehl and Josephine Lochner. Herman was a butcher, as was Lillian’s father; the 1910 census indicates that Herman owned bowling alleys. Herman and, I believe, Andrew and wife Caroline/Carrie are buried in Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn. I cannot find a reference to Lillie; perhaps she remarried or perhaps she is the “Caroline L.” listed as being in the same plot.

I would love to share information with anyone related to/researching this family; you can contact me at my e-mail address, which can be found by going to my profile page (there is a link to that page in the About Me section to the left).

No comments:

Post a Comment