Friday, March 26, 2010

Follow Friday 26 March 2010

In “You Never Know Who You Might Meet at the Flea Market,” Cindy of Everything’s Relative tells about a remarkable experience with a vendor at a flea market: an orphan photo and genealogy are involved.

Barbara at Life from the Roots writes about her first job in “Sentimental Sunday – My First Job.”

Read the bizarre story of “Madness Monday: The Body Snatchers!” at The Gene Gleaner.

At Kindred Footprints, Sharon has written an impressive and moving five-part tribute to her great aunt Mary Flynn, who became Sister Monica and then Mother Monica. Part V is to appear today.

At The Ancestral Archaeologist, read about some sources of information on the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire in “Today in History: The Triangle Fire.”

This will be covered in all of the “Best of” lists, but I must mention the stand-out story this week: Jasia at Creative Gene describes in words and heartbreaking pictures the decay of her home city, Detroit, and of her family’s old store and neighborhood in Melancholy and Melancholy Too. A very sad story.

This week I started following these blogs:

Family History Fun
J-Mac's Journey
Greenbriar Valley Graveyards
The Gene Gleaner

4 comments:

  1. Greta, Thank you so much for mentioning my “Sentimental Sunday – My First Job.” I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, thank you so much for including my series on Mother Monica in this Follow Friday post. It was thrilling for me to find her and learn so much about her. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara and Sharon - De nada - it is so enjoyable to read your blogs and I really loved these posts. As a matter of fact, Barbara, I am going to steal your "first job" idea to use in a Memory Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Greta! Thank you so much for the Follow Friday mention. And thank you for pointing me toward Jasia's amazing "Melancholy" posts -- really haunting and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete