Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Thanks to Louise at Our Twigs for Kreativ Blogger Award; and 7 Things, Goofy Version
My sincere thanks to Louise Bernero at Our Twigs. She was kind enough to honor me with the Kreativ Blogger award, which really lifted my spirits at the end of a long day. You should definitely check out her blog, and when you do, open up the full-size version of her profile photo; it’s lovely. I also apologize for not including her among the Texas Team of genea-bloggers; that has now been corrected.
As called for and to show my gratitude, I am posting Seven Things About Me: Goofy Version.
1. I have a Doctor Who scarf.
2. I got the scarf at a science fiction convention.
3. I can bend the last joint of my fingers without bending the other joints.
4. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 31.
5. My Christmas ornaments include a "Texas Christmas Wreath" made of barbed wire.
6. In college I camped out on the steps of the Kennedy Center overnight to get tickets to performances of the Bolshoi Opera.
7. There is an incredible amount of catnip in my house. (Not because we buy so much; mostly we always put some in our cats’ Christmas stockings – go ahead, snicker – and they usually get some from our catsitter for Christmas. Rather because we give them so little: R.B. is already so brazenly naughty without the added inhibition-suppressing properties of catnip; BooBoo is already a bug-eyed loon, especially when he has that little red laser-pointer dot to chase; and Pipsqueak has her grungy little catnip bag that she tokes up on every day.)