Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Please Keep These Things, Part 3



This is my Grandfather Kirby Moore’s change purse. He was my mother’s father, and he died before I was born. It is the only thing I have that belonged to Grandpa Kirby. I only have three pictures of him. One is the middle picture in the banner at the top of this blog (he is shown with my Grandmother Eula Floyd Moore); a larger version is shown below, and the picture below that shows him with my cousins Ronnie and Jeannie Moore. This change purse was very precious to my mother, who loved her father very much. I do not know a great deal about Grandpa Kirby. I do know that he was quite a fiddle player, liked to make his own home brew, and was proud of his South Carolina family.

At the suggestion of my husband and daughter, the picture includes a ruler for scale.



2 comments:

  1. Great idea to include the ruler for scale. I do that with my "important" nature photographs - often taking 1 photo with for reference and others without the ruler.
    Evelyn in Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I didn't originally think of this; my daughter and husband insisted that I should do it this way.

    ReplyDelete