Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Knoxville Sights

We decided to spend Wednesday in casual exploration.

First thing’s first: The Candy Factory. After breakfast at Pete’s Coffee Shop, I bought some healthy dark chocolate bark at the Candy Factory to keep my energy up throughout the day.



We then walked through the World’s Fair Park over toward the campus of the University of Tennessee.




My favorite statue so far in Knoxville is the statue of Sergey Rachmaninoff in the World’s Fair Park. It was created by the sculptor Victor Bokarov to commemorate Rachmaninoff’s last concert, which was given on the campus of the University of Tennessee on February 17, 1943. The statue was erected in July 2003.


Turns out that today is the first day of classes at the University of Tennessee. When we hit the UT bookstore and I saw all the spirit wear in bright orange, I finally realized why there are so many planters with orange flowers around town.

3 comments:

  1. I am sooooo relieved to hear that was HEALTHY chocolate! Cannot have you eating the UNHEALTHY types!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save some chocolate for me. Also, I love your photos and learning about Knoxville. Looks like a nice city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol - Darn tootin' it was healthy!

    Barbara - I'll try to save some ... can't say my discipline is very good. And then it has to make it past my ravenous daughters.

    ReplyDelete