Monday, December 13, 2010

Voting Is Now Open for the Family Tree Magazine 40

Or: Holy Shmoly, I’m Gobsmacked!

First things first: Thank you to the people (in the plural because I’m assuming there were two) who nominated Greta’s Genealogy Bog for Family Tree’s 40 Best Genealogy Blogs in the “Everything” and “My Family History” categories. You have made my day, week, and month. I was also very happy to see that most of the blogs I nominated were on the list but a little worried that two of them were not there; I hope it was not my fault for choosing the wrong category or doing something else ineptly (wouldn't be the first time).

Visit the nominated blogs and you will see why I wrote “We Are Surrounded by Writers and Artists” last Friday: witty, wise, and warm writers as well as some truly talented photographers and digital scrapbookers. (And talk about killer categories....)  The list of nominated blogs can be found at the following blogs:

Dear Myrtle’s Genealogy Blog

FootnoteMaven

GeneaBloggers

To vote for your favorite blogs, you can go to the Family Tree voting site here, and there are links at many of the blogs with the Family Tree 40 Best Genealogy Blogs 2011 logo.

Voting is open until 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 20, 2010, and the results will be published in the July 2011 issue of Family Tree Magazine.

11 comments:

  1. I love that you are gobsmacked! That is so Matthew Broderick! LOL!
    I placed my vote for Greta's Genealogy Bog, multiple times! You more than deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa - same here back at ya! And "gobsmacked" is one of my favorite words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gobsmacked TWICE over, so so so deserved! Congrats Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Greta! Love reading your bog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta, you're one of my faves. Congrats on the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes Greta, you have the true genealogy blogger's spirit in your writings! Voting for you is easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Greta, x 2! I love your blog, especially your Friday newsletter. I don't know how you keep up with all that reading AND manage to leave so many nice comments for people. You deserve to be gobsmacked, twice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Greta. It will be my pleasure to vote for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Greta! You have my vote!

    ReplyDelete