Randy Seaver's assignment for this weekend's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun is as follows:
1) Think of three things that you learned about Genealogy or Family History today.
2) Tell us about them in a blog post or a comment to this post.
I have been transcribing obituaries from The Greenville News for my Descendants of Samuel Moore (d. 1828) of Greenville project. Three items I learned today:
1. In addition to having three sons with his first wife, Ruby Ann Smith, William Manning Baldwin had three daughters with his second wife (Lydia Holliday): Nellie Mae, Mildred Joyce, and Shirley Ann.
2. Ruby Alton Baldwin was a man.
3. The name of the only son of August Bennett Forrester and Ethel Mae Baldwin was Milford, not Milton.
Pretty humdrum, but all the little pieces of information are adding up.