Saturday, August 27, 2011

Surname Saturday: Louis Koehl and Catherine Reuss

Louis Julius Koehl
b. 22 Aug 1881, New York
& Catherine “Katie” Reuss
b. 1884, New York
m. 20 Apr 1904, Kings County, New York
|--Louis Koehl Jr.
|----b. 1 May 1905, New York
|--Peter Koehl
|----b. 1909, New York

This is the family of Louis Julius Koehl, the brother of my husband’s great-grandfather Henry “Harry” Koehl and the son of Julius Koehl and Josephine Lochner, and Catherine “Katie” Reuss.

Louis worked as a butcher and later as a carpenter. By the 1920 census the family was living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and on the 1930 census the family was shown living in Delaware County, Pennsylvania.

I would love to share information with anyone related to/researching this family; you can contact me at my e-mail address, which can be found by going to my profile page (there is a link to that page in the About Me section to the left).


  1. Hi Greta, thank you for your recent visit to my blog. Although I've been blogging since 2006 (with a long hiatus in 2009/2010), I have only recently begun doing some genealogy blogging, so I'm enjoying connecting with those of you in the genealogy community.

    Your profile mentioned Find a Grave. That site is awesome!! Through it, I connected with a previously-unknown 3rd cousin, who provided me with a whole host of information I hadn't already known. (He had done up the pages for some of our common relatives.)

    I've long been a cemetery-walker, so after seeing the huge benefit of Find a Grave in my own life, I decided to get involved myself. I've done a few memorial pages (most of those interred in the cemeteries I've visited are already on there.) Also, I've listed myself as being willing to take photos, as I have been blessed by those in Pittsburgh being willing to take photos for me.

    Blessings to you,

  2. Patti - Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment! I'm glad you are getting into genealogy blogging - it's a nice community of people. I love Findagrave, too, though lately I haven't been able to get out as much to take photos. Look forward to reading more of your blog.