Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Think It's Safe to Post Comments Here Now...

Many thanks to Jenny Lanctot at Are My Roots Showing? for pointing out a problem with my blog that may have caused people who tried to post comments to get a virus warning from Blogger. I have deleted the problem blog from my blogroll, so I hope that has fixed it.

I am dismayed to see how many blogs and e-mail accounts are getting hacked and hope that I do not have to remove the blogroll altogether. I try to keep the "margin goodies" that Jenny mentioned to a minimum, but still!

So, hoping that someone will be brave and try to post a comment and let me know whether the attempt was successful or not...

10 comments:

  1. I'll give it a try, Greta. I've spent the evening running virus scans anyway after Win 7 Anti-spyware 2011 infected my precious laptop. It's gone now. Whew. Let's see if you're site's clean now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm posting as well. We have to be able to make comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim's Girl and Barbara - Thank you so much! If you didn't get the pop-up that Jenny got, then everything should be OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep ... like a charm. No warnings this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again, Jenny - don't know what I'd do if there weren't so many wonderful genea-bloggers out there....

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time I tried to post, I got a Blogger message that I needed to enable cookies. Duh. That's always enabled. Then I clicked on dashboard, which took me to my own blog, then I came back here and apparently I can comment!

    We all have to take care of each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan - This whole thing is so weird! But thanks for giving the commenting thingy a "run-through"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking of changing my Blog Roll completely. I figure just putting a link to all the blogs at Geneabloggers would be better. That would leave me more room to feature other sites I enjoy that aren't genealogy blogs, if you know what I mean. Oh, and it would also send traffic to Thomas' site! :-)
    Glad to see everything is working out good for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ken - There have been times when I've thought of shortening the roll (to active blogs) and I haven't been adding newly subscribed blogs, but I'd hate to have to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete